When I was growing up in NH, Johnson wool hunting clothing, made in Johnson, VT, was the most common good quality outerwear. They still make good quality clothing that is usually sold for less than the suggested retail price on their web site.

www.johnsonwoolenmills.com

Beagle, also in VT, sells wool hunting clothing that has current technology liners. I have a Beagle jacket that I would probably wear more if I hunted in colder weather.

www.beaglewear.com

Much of the Canadian-made Codet line uses a softer, less expensive, wool blend. I have a Codet jacket that I have cached in NH as part of a pre-positioned hunting kit that I keep there in case the mood ever moves me to go hunting back there.

FWIW, I have not had particularly good success with surplus wool clothing. While I have had great success with the surplus German Gore-Tex pants that Sportsmansguide sells, the wool clothing that I have bought has not stood up very well. The East German was the worst, but even the higher quality West German and Swedish wool pants were less rugged than the not much more expensive Codets.

Jeff