My knees have been an issue for forty years. First surgery on the left for torn cartilage in 1979. Before they did arthroscopic. They didn't do much PT back then. Finally got to semi normal for about fifteen years. Then more issues that I delt with. Finally arthroscopic surgery on the left in 2001. On the right in 2002. Held me for a little longer. By 2009 couldn't bend my left knee enough to shift gears on a motorcycle. Time for replacement on the left. In July. Then the right three days before Thanksgiving. Got out of the hospital on Thanksgiving Day. Did fairly well for a while. Left was becoming a big issue after ten years. Back in. The plastic had worn out and there was so much scar tissue the doc was amazed the knee even bent. Didn't get to do much PT on the retread. COVID hit and everyone was home. Now, my next adventure is my right wrist. De-boning scheduled for the end of November.

Take the good meds as little as possible. Yes, it hurts. But it gets better. Elevate. Ice. Those ice machines that circulate water are great and not that expensive.

Was driving a week and a half after the left knee done. Actually drove a week after the right knee was done. LOL Saw the PA six weeks after surgery and she asked how I got there. When I pantomimed driving, she shook her head and said she didn't want to know.