I've seen and watched that guys work for years. An absolutely outstanding artist. Not on his website anymore, but this is one of his mounts I had pics saved of on my computer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hands down the best bobcat mount I've ever seen.

Then there's so many of the others. Ouch. After looking over a couple dozen taxidermist's sites over the past couple days for ideas, I'm horrified that 90% of the bobcat mounts make the cat look like he's undergoing a colonoscopy or he just got out of the spin cycle. Horrendous mounts for the most part. I really hope that it's just the photography on some of them that make them look so poor.

I couldn't tell much detail from the pics at the taxidermist I dropped it off at, but the cat he had on the wall that he just did for my meat processor looked pretty damn good. I think my plan now is to talk to him, and tell him I don't want anything innovative or flashy, just a nice standard cat mount done to the best of his abilities. I'll pay extra for him to pay the finest attention to the details. I'd wanted to take it to a proven cat guy in Tucson, but had to get my son to the airport first thing the next morning, and simply had no way to get the cat to that taxidermist.

Hope I don't regret it, but if he can do as good or better as what I saw on his wall, I'd be satisfied with that.

So at this point, I think I'm going for the above on the bobcat, and will remain with the full sneak mount on the deer I seem to like.

Last edited by DaveR; 11/09/07.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.