Well, after putting a pencil to it and an "earlier than scheduled wife's surgery", I have given up on the 338/06. For a bit more than what a new barrel for this old Savage 110 (with accompanying 10 weeks wait) would cost, I found an early model 700. Its a Mod 700 ADL Stainless with factory irons! 338 Win Mag. I'm jazzed. Its about a pound lighter than the Ruger 77 Hawkeye SS (no irons) I just set-up and sold. I've owned/used many Mod 700s in this model and in the BDL version. 7mm Rem Mag, 300WM and 375 H&H. were some of my favorite hunting rifles (gave them all to close friends ) No brake on any of them. I just so happen to have a TT Special trigger on hand too! I figure a LimbSaver pad and pillar bedding will "sweeten the pot"! I'm happy. I immediately sat down and order some leupold QD scope mounts. Got a brand new 2.5x8 to put on it. I got outbid at GB for a set Mod 70 338WM, so went over and found it on Gunsinternational. Same model listed by some were over $1100! I came out well, ha! For that kind of luck (favor?) I can load down to 338/06 levels for a long time or steam it up! Sheboygin! smile PS that Ruger was heavy and they don't fit me like a slimmer/trimmer Mod 700.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 01/09/23.