Originally Posted by MAC
I carried a top secret clearance for more than 20 years and was also a certified classified material courier while I was on active duty.

As VP Joey would have had access to classified material in the performance of his duties and would have been allowed to keep some classified material in approved and authorized storage in his office. However most of the classified material he would have dealt with would have been brought to him via a certified courier (such as myself) and someone with the appropriate clearance would have checked the material over and signed for it and when Joey was done with it the process would have been reversed and the material returned to the proper place.

At NO time would Joey have had the authority to either transport the material himself or had someone transport it to his private residence unless that residence was authorized for storing the material and had proper storage facilities. A box in a garage would NEVER suffice. Each individual document found in such a place would be a felony on its own. For every person without the proper clearance (including Joey's lawyers and family members) that had access to the documents is its own felony. Any person without the proper clearance to saw the documents it its own felony. Any person without the proper clearance that handled the material is its own felony. Any destruction of, alteration of, misuse of or loss is its own felony. This means there is the possibility that we could be talking about hundreds of individual felonies.

Had I handled classified material in the manner when I was on active duty I would have faced court martial and would probably be sitting the Leavenworth. But I'm sure the mailman will be along to tell me I'm wrong.

This.

If we were a country of laws and not men, this would put Joey away for a thousand years.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/18/23.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell