Originally Posted by Mule Deer
drop_point,

There is indeed such a thing as inherent accuracy--and the 6mm PPC is a perfect example, along with several others designed for accuracy. I have explained a lot of this in my articles and books.

A big difference tends to be in the shape/dimensions of the chamber throat, but there are other factors.

The dimensions and chamber of the throat...that is exactly what I'm talking about. Prints, bullets, quality of brass tend to matter much, much more than the shape of the cartridge.

The thing about it is that people in benchrest play follow the leader and myth is born around it.

ETA: the recent revelations about 6mm-6.5x47 Lapua and its bad reputation for being hard to "tune". It turns out, everybody was building reamers off a bad reamer print and that it was no less "inherently accurate" than the similar size and capacity 6mm BR variants. I stand by the notion that given the proper chamber dimensions, bullet, and brass quality, any cartridge is capable of accuracy. It just so happens people don't bother.

Last edited by drop_point; 01/24/23.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."