Earlier this year, I was presented a killer deal on a long range rifle. I wasn't looking for anything like this at the time, but I sure am having fun shooting it! grin

A .338 Edge is a .300 RUM, necked up to .338 caliber. This wildcat reclaims the extra case length Remington gave away with their introduction of the .338 RUM. Like I said, this wasn't something I was necessarily looking for in a rifle caliber, but I am happy with the purchase. The rifle was in unfired condition when I bought it, and I paid less for this rifle than I would have for a new Kimber Montana.

I am not a fan of muzzle brakes, because of the noise, but I can't argue with the brake's performance. Recoil is surprisingly mild with this big thunder-boomer, and it's actually FUN to shoot. Don't worry, I have no plans to brake any of my other rifles. smile

I haven't done a lot of load development, but so far RL-22 & 25 w/ 225gr NAB's have given me great accuracy and velocity. I am anxious to get my hands on the 250gr NAB's, that are supposed to come out next year, and I'll probably try the 300gr SMK's as well.

Specs:
Trued Rem 700 ss action w/ factory bottom metal
#5, fluted Shilen Super Match bbl - finished at 26", plus the brake
McMillan "Remington Sporter" stock
Nikon 2.5-10x Monarch in Talley LW's
Gray-Tan firing pin assy
Tuned Factory trigger
Total weight 8#, 10oz

[Linked Image]

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.