Originally Posted by Josh Sorensen
Dan-

I'm still very jealous of that deal. You really stole it. I would have jumped on it if I had the extra money at the time. Try Retumbo, I had great luck with retumbo in the 338 RUM. That is just a mean long range rifle. If you want to get rid of it let me know...

I know. I felt bad giving so little for the rifle, but he called ME and made the offer. I had already turned him down earlier in the week, because I really didn't have the money for another rifle at the time...I had just bought a LVSF. When he called and dropped the price, though, I FOUND the money. It was too good of a deal!

To be honest, I wasn't really planning on keeping it. I thought I would shoot it a bit and pedal it fairly quickly. I was really after the extras that came with it - Mickey stock, Jewel trigger, and Leupy glass. I swapped the stock with my .338-06, and put the trigger and glass on my .223.

Josh, do I know you from ODD? Did I get the .338 RUM dies from you? If so, I really dig your new .458 Lott. We'll have to get to the range sometime and shoot.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.