So I’m expecting some comments from BSA at a minimum here, but I was just browsing around forums reading random stuff. Found some threads in different places about 1917 Enfields and customs based off them.

So I have been pondering differences in a custom based off the Enfield and my Winchester and Mauser customs. I definitely have a type that I like. All weather finish, synthetic stocks shaped for off hand shooting, built light for carrying, and set up for fast bolt manipulation. Use them for spot and stalk hog hunting. Will typically be making off hand shots on multiple pigs at 20-100 yards.

So my thoughts with regards to potential advantages of a 1917. It seems like magazine capacity will be higher. Looks like up to six rounds in the magazine instead of 4-5. I think a cock on closing bolt gun may be a little faster on follow up shots.

A problem would be stock selection is rather limited if going with a synthetic. MPI seems to be the main option and I can’t tell much about which of their stocks are available for the enfield and don’t know much about their stocks in general.

So anyways, just curious what people here know and think about enfields for a stalking bolt gun. Figure it should be interesting discussion anyways.