I bought one of the synthetic stocked .223 Handi's on a whim one day for about $225 new,..mounted a series of scopes on it but finally settled on a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40. I've had a lot of fun loading for it and shooting it off the bench.

Some people get very good accuracy out of them and some people don't,... it seems to be a "luck of the draw" kind of thing.

Mine seems to be "middle of the pack" as far as accuracy goes,.. but I've found a few loads that will consistently do 2.5 MOA.

My opinion is,.. you'll be lucky to get one that does much better than that,.. in .223, anyway. But I was at the range a while back and there was a guy shooting a 30-30 Handi and getting regular 1.5 MOA with it. If I had it to do over again I'd probably get one in 30-30. From what I've heard, the 30-30 Handi is one of the more accurate chamberings to be had.

All in all,.. I consider them great value for the money and NEF is very good at customer service. If you send the frame and handguard in they'll fit it with an additional barrel for about $100 per.