I have owned many-many of these. I am a trader at heart and always seem to be trading something off. I had a 223 with AA grade Quilted maple that was very nice. I had it fitted with 45-70 and 12ga bbls. Won a few turkey shoots with the 12., got accuracy similair to above with the 45-10. With the 223, it was a learning expereince. i say that because with my particular gun, I could go no better than 2 MOA. I and a good friend with lots of Single shot expereince had fun one summer shooting it and trying to improve the grouping. here iswhat we found:
1-get rid of the trashy-ass aluminum base and get steel base and rings.
2-Use ONLY commercial ammo, and you MUST full length resize every case and trim to EXACT size or it will stick in the chamber.
3-At the time I owned mine (1993), the triggers were heavier than now, so we cut a coil off the spring, but that in turn made it not always fire when hitting the hard military primers.
4-A screw in the back of the trigger guard to limit overtravel is a surprising improvement to pull.
5-The basic weakness is that the barrel cannot be free-floated because it is screwed to the fore end. Unless the barrel is heavy, different pressure points can cause signifigant impact shift. I countered this by attaching a bipod to the swivel stud, and always firing it off the bipod.
6-A torque wrench is very handy to make it repeatable when removing the forend
7-I glassed the inside of my for end to make it less suceptible to swelling with the wood.
All that together with good handloads put it a little below 1" very consistently

I handled one of the moared SURVIVOR with that Choate "handhole" stock and like it so much I am thinking of getting one in 308!

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.