Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by renegade50
No Seals...
But have served with plenty of cats that went onto SF and Delta...

Question - would those running selection have been required to pass selection? I worked with a guy, Major who was a Ranger and he was the first guy I ever met to really harp on the difference between being "Ranger Qualified" and being in a battalion. Claimed to have been an officer that oversaw parts of selection. Always wondered about it.

Oh there is a world of difference between having the Ranger Tab (ranger qualified) and just having the Scroll ie being in Bn.

IIRC he was a Bn guy. Been a good 10 years since we talked, which reminds me - he has one of my old Magpul videos yet.

I remember yrs and yrs ago my company cdr had a ranger tab and we told him guys from regiment said having the scroll was more important than the tab. He stopped smiling and said those ph uckers had no idea what they were talking about. I can say I known plenty of Army Rangers. One of my good friends grew up in regiment.

Well to be fair as an Infantry officer you're usually not going very far without a Ranger Tab. My understanding is that in Regiment once you reach a certain rank you are pretty much required to go to Ranger School anyhow.

Ranger tab for enlisted infantrymen goes a long ways as well. Majority of CSM’s in the infantry world have the ranger tab. You want to see a sad infantrymen with a ranger tab? Send them to an Armor battalion.

My cousin's brother in law started with the tab and ended up as a Kiowa pilot. He always said it seemed to give him opportunities. He was a Ranger tho, not just qualified.

Me