About a third of my school classmates were Morman. About 1/4 of my workmates for the last forty years were Morman. (About 1/2 were Hispanic and most of those were Catholic. Though a few of the Hispanics were Morman or JW) One Aunt was Morman, as were her kids, my cousins. My Son had a preponderance of Morman friends in School and was himself babtized in High School.

It is from these groups that I draw my observations.

Yes, the old saw about don't take just one Morman fishing was true for about half the Miorman men in my workplace. But even among those, they had strong family ties. And predominantly raised their children correctly. While sometimes the Dad was "Jack Morman", the Mom maintained the proper family dynamic, took the kids to Church, and cared for their education.

There are always exceptions. I know of one Morman raised female with three kids raised in the Church. She was divorced three times, and was the biggest meth dealer in our small community. She went to prison once for forged checks, but somehow always avoided drug arrests.

But she claimed to be Morman until the day she died, and took advantage of every bit of help The Church continued to offer her. Her pantry was always well stocked. She made frequent trips to "Bishop's Warehouse".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.