673;
Good morning to you my friend, I hope it's raining up there?

We're supposed to get rain today, but it's not so far. The Park Rill fire west of us blew up again yesterday but is still within the boundaries and then we heard they were ready to evacuate much of Peachland last night too.

Thanks for sharing your FN take with us, as we've discussed I had family living in a few different FN communities during the 70's and 80's but after that they moved south and my connections remain 4 decades in the past.

When I looked up the current population of Black Lake, SK I see it's about tripled from where it was in the early 70's and as you've noted with trapping and the uranium mining shut down, there's not much for the young folks to do if they want to stay up there and make a living.

As you know too, through family we're familiar with a fair few bands and by extension band councils as they change all over BC, so as you've said, the leadership is so critical. When it's not up to what's needed, it really shows and we've seen first hand how the system is abused for financial gain of the very few.

Lastly I've had similar interactions with nursing staff from the Philippines as you, it's all been positive. Honestly I can't say I've had any negative interactions with anyone from there and I've had a good double handful over the years.

I heard on the radio the other day - CBC so take it for what it might be - that the Philippines are short 300,000 nurses at present, but they were clear that they all hadn't come here.

Some of this mess is reparable I still think but it's going to require the will of the people and leadership to do that. A key component to the foundation of that repair is necessarily a media or communications media that can be trusted to speak the truth however and as the immortal bard said, "there's the rub".

We'll see.

All the best to you all this week, here's hoping we get at least a little bit of rain and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"