Originally Posted by Windfall
I'm told that those TTSX's are a whole nuther thing from the TSX 140 grain 7mm-08 load that I tried. I thought that my deer deserved to be shot with the best bullet that I could buy. That 10 point took one behind the shoulder and ran away and hid. Two days of looking and five drops of blood convinced me never use that Barnes bullet ever again. Only deer I've lost in 60 plus years hunting them. BT's drop them like your videos.

WF,

my experience with TSX’s also was bad and caused me to quit the mono’s very quickly after almost losing a mature Saskatchewan buck.

Around 2011-12, I was looking for a smaller and lighter bullet that would reliably penetrate on our large pigs and large bucks for the then young nephews to use.

Some on here encouraged me to give the TTSX a try saying it performed better and more reliably than the TSX. So I gave them a try with the 100 grain TTSX in a .260 and the 130 TTSX in .308 Win.

The results have been quite different and uniformly good. The TTSX opens up on the entrance side and penetrates very reliably. If pigs are included, I am now well into the hundreds of animals taken with the TTSX. It has become my first choice go to bullet.

So the TSX vs the TTSX have proven to be quite different bullets in terminal performance in my use of them.

Fwiw - Ballistic Tips are a bullet I have seen fail to penetrate too many times. SST’s are another. One hunter I was helping wounded a couple of deer and a few pigs. He was using a .25-06 with Ballistic Tip handloads. I finally lent him my .308 and he started dropping every animal where they stood. So guess our experiences differ.