Greetings all.

I looked at a trailcam picture that was taken yesterday. I was walking in to my spot and a deer triggered my camera while I was about 200 yds or so away. I was wearing a jacket with kryptek altitude jacket and pants that were Realtree advantage. I effectively look like a dark blob.

Now I have always been of the opinion that camo doesn't matter. What does mattered is being still. Like many I have killed them in jeans and solid shirts.
So yesterday I saw them stepping out and I froze. However, while standing still they immediately picked me off. Wind was in my face so they did not smell or hear me. They stomped a few times then trotted off.

So these deer picked me out being perfectly still. I am thinking it is because I looked like a dark, solid object and the camo at distance did not break up my outline. While its difficult to let one scenario completely change my thoughts on camo this scenario was pretty interesting.

What are yall's thoughts on this scenario? What camo patterns have you all found that do not turn into a dark blob at distance? Based on this picture and scenario I may change things up a bit with my camo. Thanks