I’m convinced a lot of the fussing about twist rates, mine included, is because of what people think they might do, someday, rather than are actually doing. Certainly a .308 is going to be at its best with bullets of modest weight simply due to limited powder capacity. Some others, OTOH, can make use of longer ones, and in my limited experience I’ve seen no downside to the 1-7 in my 6 CM when shooting bullets in the 95-100gr range, and I like the way it shoots heavies from 107-115gr. Still, I can’t imagine any serious limitations for general hunting use with the ones you’ve chosen, except maybe for those who routinely shoot far in high winds.

What you’re doing is IMO a real service, providing high-quality and ready to go hunting rifles without the custom drama. There’s a fine smith just down the road from me, but his wait times are incompatible with my life expectancy. The floorplate is a big improvement IMO, again on a hunting rifle. Looking forward to the chance to handle one someday.

Best of luck.

What fresh Hell is this?