I've shot a 16.1" barrel 6.5 Grendel with factory 123 gr 52,000 psi ammo a lot in hunting situations and that's about the limit to blast/noise I'd want in actual hunting situations without ears on, but up here in Canada we can't have suppressors so...for 308 based cases 20" is a similar limit imo. Speaking from a hunting perspective and no ears actual killing shooting. Obviously at the range it doesn't matter as ears are on. You guys killing with 16" 308 based cases aren't finding them rude? or do you plan suppressors? Or do you wear ears while hunting?

Also, my sako 90 peak 308 20" threaded landed actual 5 lb 10 oz and has 5+1 cap, detach flush mag, and integral picatinny that will let anyone get as low as they want with an optic...for those that is an issue like me. Pretty robust uber simple set up with Arc M-Brace rings...that's the easy button if putting out this kind of money. But for the reloader types etc. that need extra length etc. etc. this won't matter but an option to compare otherwise imo. Best trigger, slicker than whale poop on iceberg cycling/feeding, came with radial brake and dust cap (poi was same), and I guess the ergo would need to work for those more particular also. Mine did 3-shot .6" ctc groups with hornady match 168 eld-m and fusion 180's on the first day testing factory ammo's to see what it likes.

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 12/15/23.