I just made 35 pounds of Boerwors and I hope it turns out OK because it was quite a bit of work. I used 21 pounds ok elk, 11 pounds of boneless pork shoulder, and 3 pounds of bacon.

The traditional spices of coriander, black pepper, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and then malt vinegar and Worcestershire or however you spell it.

I got it all ground and in baggies in the fridge so when I get back from elk hunting in the morning I'll have to fire up the sausage stuffer.

I also sliced some roasts and backstraps on a disc slicer so I can make some more strip jerky. There's about 25 pounds of slices ready for cure tomorrow night.

Then I have another 30 pounds or so of trim and shoulders from deer thawing out so I can grind it and make chop and form jerky.

I wish we had a decent butcher around here that processed game but at least doing it myself I'm getting good quality. I trim the meat pretty well so it's nice and clean with little other than pure red muscle.

Then I fry up the scraps that are decent but not quite what I want and make a bag of treats for the dogs.

If me and my son both get our cow tags filled I'm in for a lot more work and I'm going to have to give a lot of meat away again. Our 4 freezers our full already.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 10/27/23.