I stuffed a bunch of sheep casings with an lem snack stick seasoned grind last night and it was a pain using those little skinny casings. Now I know how alwaysadouche feels putting a condom on when his sis comes over to his trailer. Hog casings are definitely easier to work with although I'd probably feel more at home making salami.

I put the sheep casing snack sticks in our 2 dehaydrators late last night then caught a few hours sleep and head elk hunting at 5:30 am. I ended up shooting a big cow at about 470 yards on a trot with my new 7prc seekins element and 180 elds. I had to put two in her but got her down. The element and 2-12 chinese worked well on a mid range moving shot.

Then I met a fellow fire member who had his truck stuck and also had a cow down nearby. I found mine and I gutted it then went and towed his big ram Cummings out with my little half ton 94 2 door yukon. Then we found his grandpas cow down not far away. We got it cleaned and got both ours loaded and headed out. My cow was big but theirs was huge.

I got home around 1:00 pm and started working on my elk and forgot about my snack sticks in ghe dehydrators. By the time I found them they were really shriveled up probably like alwaysadouche.

I quizzed my neighbor who came by too look at my elk on how he liked the boerewors I gave him the other night. He said it was OK but pretty spicy. I said it's not hot at all but he meant it just had a lot of spice. He'd never had boerwors before but even I'm wondering if tge recipe had too much worscestershire sauce and maybe too much coriander. Although wors is supposed to have a good coriander taste. I'm sending some to my afrikanner friend in Utah for him to judge then I'll likely tweak the recipe a bit.

I also used a LEM season pack to do 5 pounds of brauts yesterday. I haven't tried them yet but I added some pork shoulder and pork fat so I. Hoping theyre good. I've got a lot of older meat turned into Jerry and sausage the last few weeks and it's a good thing because we've bagged 3 deer and 1 elk in the last few weeks as well. I'm pretty worn out and tired of meat cutting.

The cows cooling out hanging in the garage and then I'll have to start on it soon. My 11 year old has a cow tag in the same area so I'll get him on some Friday. If he shoots as well as he did on deer this year I'll be dealing with another.

Might not be a bad year to be putting away lots of red meat. I may have to learn how to can it because all 4 freezers are full.

Bb