I have shot them and have got decent groups but the unexplained flyers is what got me using the concentricity gauge. I have never used one in the past 30 plus years of handloading and borrowed the gauge from a friend. This rifle is a 257 Weatherby Mag and I would like to limit throat erosion by not just firing a bunch of loads just to fire-form if I can keep from it. I will not give up on the brass but trying to get a load developed for an upcoming hunt in Alabama where I will be hunting some clear cut areas with a chance at longer ranges where I could utilize the flat trajectory and just wanting to use my new rifle. I have found some brass, offered up from some nice helpful members on here and hopefully can develop a load without the brass hassle that I have been experiencing.

Like I mentioned before this cartridge brass conversion is new to me. I know I have created the issue obviously by over annealing and if I can get it back by work hardening that will be great but in the time being, with the urgency, I am going to try the 257wm brass and see if I can't find a load to hunt with this year after Christmas.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington