Now that is something new to me. Nodal point. Interesting.

I took the forearm off tonight, I think the screw is now going into the barrel stud more than it did before. It used to bottom out after .380” of the screw was in the stud. Now it goes in .400”. This is all with the forearm off, so maybe doesn’t matter.

Before it looked like the barrel stud was threaded until about where you’d think the stud stops annd the dovetail portion of it begins, and right at that .380 depth there was metal at a slightly smaller Inner Diameter than the barrel stud threads. Now that metal is almost gone and the screw goes in further. Might have been what galled up the threads on the original factory screw if the factory screw was making it down that far.

Anyway, new screw remains unbent still. 2 rubber washers kept the stock snug better than any other attempt. But the ever tightening screw thing has me wondering what eventual fix would keep the forearm from causing this.

Will certainly shoot with no forearm and no red dot and try to weed out variables in the morning.

Last edited by esmith; 11/30/23.