Originally Posted by slugflinger
I'm tired of dinking around with the Walmart level springers. Looking for something that will be squirrel head accurate to 50 yards, and help with garden pest disposal ( head shot ground hogs and rabbits).

Being a fun plinker also wouldn't hurt. Assuming the usual chores of finding which pellets it likes best, and how it likes to be held, will an R-9 make me happy?

I forgot to mention the terrible spongy triggers that the cheapo guns have. Does the Beeman have a good one?

If you are speaking of grey or fox tree squirrels you will be in for a world of disappointment if you really try shooting at 50 yds. 25 yds is a long shot with any air gun on tree squirrels. Hitting them is not the hardest part, but killing them cleanly. Squirrels are tough critters.

I headshot one once at 35 with an RWS in .22 that then took 5 or 6 more pellets to kill. I won't ever do that again. But my wife uses her R9 every year at her mother's old home place and she does well, as long as she limits her shots to 20 or 25 yds. Hers is 177.