A little update on the TX200.........this is an amazing rifle. Smooth, accurate and possibly the best trigger of any rifle I own including centerfires with custom triggers. It really is that good. I have only shot it in the basement at 10 yards but 10-20 shots into a little hole easily coved with a dime is the standard. I have no doubt that it will easily be 1" @ 25 yards.

About the only negative that I have found is the weight. It's heavy - need to weigh it but scoped and ready to go it has to be close to 10#. While a heavy rifle is not all that fun to pack around it is nice when aiming and shooting. Been a while since I have shot a heavy rifle and the lack of movement while aiming is noticeable.

All the hype over the TX200 is well founded. It is a functioning work of art and engineering masterpiece. Easy to shoot and very accurate. Expensive for sure, but quality usually is.

Comparing to the Beeman R9........overall fit and finish is about a tie, both excellent. The stock on some of the TX200's is very nice with walnut or beech options but comes at an extra cost. Cocking action again about a tie. Both are very finely engineered and manufactured machines. The R9 is a little easier to cock and load pellets with a slightly longer lever arm and open breech to insert the pellet. TX200 is not difficult at all, but by design not quit as easy. Triggers - while the Rekord on the Beeman is a huge step up over most spring rifles it does not hold a candle to the TX200. The TX200 trigger is simply amazing. A light 2 stage trigger that pulls smoothly into the first stage that breaks so clean and crisp that it just makes you smile every time you shoot it. Accuracy seems to be a wash - both very good. The TX200 may win out just slightly by having the advantage of being a heavier rifle. I would venture a guess that it would take a tin through each to find a winner and then it would be a small margin. Maintenance - while very little maintenance is required for spring rifles of this quality the TX200 is a clear winner. Changing springs (for power or smoothness) is simple. Remove the action from the stock, put the but end on a table add just a bit of weight and unscrew one bolt. Ease up on the pressure and the trigger assembly just slides right out. At that point you can easily access the springs. On an R9 you need a spring compressor and a little more know how.

So who is the winner? That is a tough one. Both are very fine rifles that will last a lifetime or more. Having owned 2 R9's and 2 R7's over the years I know them well and have been very satisfied with them. But, this TX200 has stepped things up a notch. Not a huge step, but it is a very nice rifle. If scored like a boxing match I'd have to go with the TX200 in a split decision.

Here's a pic of my TX200
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A ~20 shot group rested on a Primos Triggerstick bipod sitting on my butt @ 10 yards in the basement.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by centershot; 01/15/24.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope