Originally Posted by anothergun
Gamechangers are tipped game king and are not bonded. If you don’t believe me, put your sectioned bullet in a vice tip to base and close the vice, watch the core and jacket seperate.

Here’s what they say about them…

they are considered a big game projectile, on par with a performance provided by our GameKing and Pro-Hunter line

And the jacket is a lot thicker to compensate for the tip creating the quicker expansion. It does give an expansion quality earlier in the penetration sequence compared to our lead tip or hollow point GameKing, but the jacket controls it.

I tend to disagree. Just because they have a harder core and thicker jacket doesn’t help as far as l’m concerned. Compared to what the originals do?.. it’s not just the tip but also the cavity under the tip that upsets the bullet faster and the thicker jacket isn’t enough to slow down expansion compared to GK’s. Original GK’s do just as well if you load them correctly. I noticed the pro hunter being a tougher bullet. A manager from Sierra told me this years ago, and the GK has to be loaded slower to keep it together longer for more penetration. If you place the bullets in the vitals, how much more penetration do you need that you don’t get from a GK ?

Come on man, why post if you're not going to read past the title?

I didn't say these are regular TGKs, I compared them to TGKs that I already have. I shoot TGKs in 3 different calibers and multiple weights,I know what they are and what they aren't. In the picture the two lighter colored bullets on the left are TGKs, two on the right are the new bullet.

These bullets aren't TGKs, but they are very similar in profile, have a Sierra style UPC that doesn't match the UPC of the blem TGKs I already bought, and are sold as bonded, tipped bullets. Also, the tip is an opaque, darker green vs the TGK light translucent green. The core does not separate from the jacket as I already stated, they appear to be actually bonded (Powder Valley isn't lying).

Last edited by Gtscotty; 12/08/23.