One tag filled. Two to go. I purchased an antlerless tag for the late muzzleloader season in our county here in Iowa (Muscatine) because my kids are demanding more jerky. We still have two regular any deer tags to fill. We hunt the late season with handguns, which is a legal option. Iowa should just call it the "Late Season" instead of "Late Muzzleloader Season" because legal methods of hunting include muzzleloading rifle, muzzleloading pistol, centerfire handgun (must have a 4" barrel, fire a projectile no less than .355" and no more than .500", and produce 500 ft/lbs at the muzzle), bow, and crossbow.
My weapon of choice is an XP-100 in .350 Remington Magnum with an 18" heavy bull barrel. 60 gr. of TAC pushing a Hornady 200 gr. is 3" high at 100 yards and dead on at 250 yards.
This gal stepped out with two yearlings about ten minutes before legal shooting time was over. I was thankful that my Burris 2-7x32 Pistol scope is one with an electrodot reticle, as it was useful last night. Laser rangefinder said 259 yards. I held on her armpit, perfectly broadside, and touched off. Her running gear was clearly gone when she dove into the woods. I found her piled up about 20 yards in. The heart was mincemeat - the bullet went exactly where I told it to go. Using a Trifecta handgun rest on top of a tripod. Very pleased with this setup.
Photos here. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/19026770#Post19026770

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile