Thanks! It's not a short shot with a rifle by any means. It's not my longest kill with a handgun, but it's the longest kill with this particular gun. My longest shot was a wee bit under 400 with a .260 Remington barrel on my TC Encore. It takes practice and fortunately the .350 RM is very friendly with cast bullets and I have a couple of molds that work well for doing range work. I can't run them full throttle, but can get them around 2000 fps and still have good groups, which means I can shoot at a lot of steel for not much money. Practice makes perfect. The only downside is that the recoil with full house jacketed loads is...significant. I've considered putting a good brake on it, but haven't done that yet. It may be an offseason trip for the gun this year. Last year I used moderate loads with the 180 gr. Speer and it worked splendidly, but trajectory and precision beyond 200 yards was iffy. I was confident with this load and wouldn't hesitate to poke at 300 yards if I don't have a crosswind. I had a shot earlier in the evening that would have been 310 yards, but with a gusting crosswind from 15-25 mph I wasn't willing to chance it. The wind died at sundown, otherwise I probably would have passed on this shot also.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile