Hard to find anywhere to go around here without dropping WAY more cash than I'm willing to part with on a lease for our 7 day gun season, so I hunted a fairly unproductive tract for about a decade. I was happy just to have somewhere to go that didn't break the bank. 🤷‍♂️

It was 65 acres, and between me, the owner who hunted it off and on, and my Dad who aged/health issued out a few seasons ago, we averaged about a deer every other year off it. It started off decent, but treelines connecting it to bigger wood and water got cleared out 5-6 years back and it really declined after that. I sat out there every day of the firearms and ML seasons most years and never even saw a deer a couple of them.

It got sold this year, so I'm currently scrounging around to try to get some feelers out on something for next season. If I don't get anything lined up by spring I'll be hopping the line to hunt some public acreage in IN. Odds of drawing a tag on any public in-state within reasonable driving distance are about as good as getting hit by lightning.