Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Sort of.

I'd heard of these but never bothered to look into them too much*. My carry gun is a P365 XL which is a very nice size for concealing, but every time I take it to the range and shoot it alongside a full size S&W M&P 2.0 I'm reminded of what "snappy recoil" means. Especially as I get older, which seems to be happening to me more and more these days.

Anyway, went to the local gun store/indoor range today to make some noise and they had an X-Macro in the case, so after shooting I handled it a bit. That grip is definitely more hand filling than the XL, I can see how it would help reduce felt recoil quite a bit.

The sales guy verified that the P365 XL slide goes right on the X-macro grip module, so as soon as I got home I ordered one from Sig and a couple of 17 round magazines from CDNN. I'm not sure my existing kydex holster for the XL will fit with the longer Macro grip. If so, fine, if not, oh well, I'll get one that does.

Sig is proud of their grip module and even CDNN's reduced price on magazines ain't cheap, then add current shipping costs to that. Total cost to convert the XL to X-Macro with two mags is just over 200 bucks, but that's 500 bucks less than buying one new off the shelf.

Grip and mags should get here in a week or so, once they do I'll get strapped and go walk through some high crime neighborhood to see how it works....

* Since it's very obvious that a larger grip makes for noticeably less recoil impulse, I had sorta kinda been thinking about a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact to go with my regular size M&P 2.0, but it just didn't seem to offer that much reduction in size and even as big as it is it carries 15+1. The X-Macro overall is smaller than the M&P Compact and will carry 17+1, same as the full size M&P, and if I need to go smaller/more concealable it only takes a minute to convert back to the XL.

Good luck man. I don't notice any difference at all, but I run 15 and 17 round mags in my XL, and also use a Hogue grip. That is how it was when I bought it, and I believe that makes all the difference in the world. My girlfriend has the Xmacro with the bigger grip. The advantage actually goes to the XL, because it is more concealable, if you want to use the 12 round mags, you can, and your grip is smaller than the Xmacro. If you have not used your XL with 15 and 17 rounds mags, I'd give that a go first, before the longer grip module, but it looks like you already bought it. Further note: I shot a Xmacro Comp the other day, and the difference in recoil is nil, as compared to my XL with Hogue grip. YMMV.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA