Originally Posted by colorado
I have a BDL in 270 Win, bought in 1968. Probably has over 1000 days in the field more on the range. On it's 3rd barrel. Killed everything from marmots, to elk and bears with it. Never an issue. My son has it now, got his first elk with it about 7 years ago. He loves the gun as do I. So I bought myself a "new in the box" BDL in 7mm Rem Mag cause my son won't give me my 270 back lol. I believe the newer ones have had some QC issues. The late 60s through early 80s models were pretty damn good rifles.

Had one that was made in 1979 ( ADL ) in 06. That thing went off on me several times, when closing the bolt.

Let a friend use it and when he was unloading it in a parking lot in the field, it went off and hit the rear box on a brand new 1 ton Chevy 4 door 4WD dually pick up. Still had the temporary plates on it. The owner was climbing in the front door when the rifle went off. When my friend returned it to me, he virtually threw the rifle at me. Had a gunsmith replace it, but it still did the same thing several times on me.

I won't pass off a problem like that to someone else, by selling the rifle. I rebarreled it to a 6mm Rem, with a fast twist.
I carry it in the field still, and still own it. When I hunt with it, it is strictly a single shot. I don't close the bolt all the way until I'm ready to shoot it. Occasionally I carry it to the range, where it is Single Shot used.

I don't want it to be someone else's problem. That is just good ethics. And Yes it was sent back to Remington, but they didn't solve the problem either. no other Remington I've owned has been a problem.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez