Originally Posted by Mohall57
I ‘am not implying anything buddy, just wondering how that target could have been shot by you 5/1/18 when you didn’t buy the rifle until 2002. Not trying to be a wise ass either, that’s a damn nice rifle and I don’t doubt it shoots well. Since Ruger started to make their own barrels,in the late 90’s if I’am not mistaken, most all the 77 Hawkeye shot well. I have owned a few myself. In addition I’am a great fan of the roberts, have had at least one all my adult life, presently have two a Remington 700 classic on the long action, that allows me to seat the 120 grain nosler out a little further just off the lands and with a hot load of H4831sc it’s a wonderful antelope and deer cartridge. My other roberts is a kimber hunter I use foe coyotes nearly exclusively, shooting that same 75 grain Sierra , and surprisingly a hot load of H380 shoots like a house afire and really does a number on those yotes, without damaging pelts if you center mass them ahead of the diagram. Also have a 257AI on a FN action and Lila barrel, now that’s a smoker, have taken elk and caribou and big mule deer with, problem is noe at 85yearsvoldnits a little heart to tote up them hills. And by the way that rifle should move soon, I would jump on it if I were #1 a little younger and#2 didn’t have too many 25’s already. Good hunting and good luck on that roberts. Don

I'll have whatever he had in his coffee this morning!!!