Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Justin, they are great dogs, but not suited for people who aren't more stubborn than they are... grin

Yep they are great dogs, and used quite a bit in Europe for police work, as they have the drive and are ass-kickers.

Trivia for you Barry:FSU conducted research in 2005 to determine the lowest threshold of detection that canine olfaction could be taken to.They used a Rottweiler and a Giant Schnauzer- neither dog noted for its "nose" ( something I get a kick out of when I hear the gun dog guys saying how good of a "nose" their dog has...) Anyway, they used Amyl Acetate as the target compounds and the Schnauzer could detect it down to 1.09 Parts Per TRILLION! Try to wrap your head around that....

I've seen dogs at work with their noses, and can testify to the fact!

Saw a drug dog detect dope in a welded steel container that was concealed inside a gasoline fuel tank in a vehicle. That dispels any doubt. smile

I'm sure you have lots of stories yourself.

One thing I find amusing is when Baxter sees an animal beside the road, deer, cow, or whatever... He'll watch it, but he puts his nose to my a/c vent to smell it as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!