I have not bought a decent sling in a while. Lately, I have been buying fairly cheap ones off Amazon for non-hunting rifles and platooning my good leather ones.

I went through a period about a decade ago, where I had excellent luck finding leather slings on Amazon and Ebay. For hunting in decent weather, I like a sling that's:

Leather
Lined
Cobra design
Ready for 1 inch QDs

I don't shoot offhand with a sling. It's just a carry strap to me, but it is a necessary part of the kit. I want both hands free when I'm walking in and out in the dark.

I think I ended up with 3 or 4 new ones. I gave them a good coat of Neat's Foot Oil and let them cure for 6 months or so. These are what I use during deer season when the weather is good. I also have a couple of nice camo synthetics, I think they're EZ Shoot. They have a rubbery neoprene pad that stretches. One stays on my Mossberg 500 turkey gun, and the other gets moved around to whatever I designate as my "Rain Gun" for deer season.

Once I determine what my 4 pieces are going to be for deer season, I do whatever swapping I need to do to give me the appropriate sling.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer