It will be crowded. We typically go for extended stays post Labor Day when one rarely needs to make reservations in or out of the park. If one wants to do the park without jumping from the rig to snap a photo and then rushing off again, spend about 4 to 5 days in the park taking time to walk about and smell the roses around the various loops. Yes, do get out as early as possible if wildlife is of interest. Pack your own lunches and drinks to avoid being forced back into mob zones midday. There are a few dead-end side road runs that are worth doing too, with a few being rather tight. Typically, they are signed such that one should not attempt with a huge rig or trailer. Lots of places to escape the crowds too if one will just do a little hiking.

Around a few of the larger facilities there are some evening presentations on things like geology, wildlife, wolves, fire history, etc that are interesting and informative. Fishing can be quite good, but it's a bit challenging as the trout are extremely educated in the roadside runs.

Also, some warm clothing as one will be out at 5 to 8,000 ft of elevation.

For sure bring your cameras with both wide angle, long glass, binos, and a spotting scope if possible. If one does not own big glass, there are companies that will rent out long lenses.

Sometime around Jackson, the Tetons, and a ride up the lift are also worthwhile.

Yes, on the golden age passports. Gets the whole carload in for free.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by 1minute; 02/10/24.

1Minute