Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I bought all three rimfire cartridges when Browning introduced the left handed models. The 22 Mag is the sporter model and shoots very well. My 17 HMR is the target/varmint model and is used almost exclusively on prairie dog walk about. I actually had my 22LR sporter rebarreled to 17 Mach II. All shoot very well and I have no issues with the triggers, feeding or ejecting empties.
IME the .17 HMR is gonna generally be a tad more accurate than the .22 WMR.

But, it wouldn't be fair to compare my .17 HMR, Annie 1717 to this T-Bolt .22 WMR. The Annie will shoot CCI TNT's at near quarter MOA, tipped bullet ammo around half MOA.

Although the T-Bolt is pretty accurate, it's more like MOA on a good day with select ammo.

Different guns, each in a different league.

DF

When the 17HMR came out, it dominated the 22wmr in the accuracy department. Mainly because of the bullets used. The 17HMR brought out the poly tipped bullets that were very sleek by design, while the old 22WMR bullets were mainly round nosed. It took a while for the bullet/ammo designers to start putting poly tipped bullets in the 22WMR, but when they did, that changed the game with the 22WMR. It was instantly changed forever. With that being said, the 17HMR still edges out the 22WMR when it comes to precision.

Keeping in mind, the 17HMR made its debut in 2002, and the first polymer tipped bullets used in the 22WMR was in 2008, or there abouts. I remember trying the Remington 33gr accutips first in my dads Mossberg chuckster, around that time, and it loved them!! Those bullets transformed the 22WMR. However, the 22WMR can also be used with the old reliable bullet types, like the heavy 50gr JHP's, that also work very well. Because of this, there is a lot of flexibility in the round. IMHO..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA