okay I use a tumblers b model tumbler. use as hot water as you can get when you start and I use like a 1/8 of a teaspoon of lema shine and two tablespoons of Dawn soap.

I tumble them for at least 4 to 6 hours. and I'm accidentally left stuff on and forgot it for a couple days with no ill side effects.

dump the nasty water out all I can directly from the tumbler then dump the entire contents into a 5 quart bucket. take that bucket rinse and flush everything good with cold water.

then pour everything into a Frankfort arsenal wet / dry media separator. separate pins from brass. dump pins back in the tumbler seal up for storage.
(yes I do that wet I have never dried the pins and I've had zero issues)

I then place my brass in a Frankfort arsenal brass dryer. which is kind of a turbocharged food dehydrator except it has a thermostat and fan they dry quite well and quickly in this.
before I had the brass dryer I would place them on an old cookie sheet and place them in the oven at 220 for an hour and a half or so make sure they were good and dry inside and out.
going just above the boiling point makes things dry out much faster and more thoroughly. some will say it's too hot and it will anneal on the brass head and stuff which has some truth to it if you left them in there for a week. no real problem at all.

as for the pins I did research heavily when I bought them and I believe it was a .152 but that number may not be correct I encourage you to Google up and you will find it. but they are the right size to pass through flash holes but not let two pins get started and get stuck in the flash hole. buy quality pens that are truly stainless and you will have no issues with rust. my plans have actually set damp / in water for up to a couple months at a time with zero issues. I've had the same Tumbler and pins s for several years. at the time they were about $10 a pound I bought 5 lb of them for the B model Tumbler.

some guys do not like this procedure because it's a little messy and time consuming I like it because the flash holes are clean the outside is perfectly clean the inside looks like new. a lot of people don't realize it's the inside of stuff getting carboned up that can make capacities a little inconsistent maybe my new but it is there. I've also had carbon build up with my cases so bad that the next actually sized out to be too big before I started this. but then again I set up my dies before I actually may get up to 10-12 loads from a single piece of brass.. that was before I started annealing them.