Ok, not exactly "big" game, but don't know where else to ask. For those of you that hunt javelina, what are your chosen weapons? My niece married a Texan who runs a guide service in West Texas. She's getting ready to spit out their first youngin' soon and the wife and I are thinking about finally going out to visit them later this year. Her husband said to come on and we'd find something to hunt, depending on the season. I told him I'd be happy hunting javelina and he said that's an easy one. I figure that would be a good opportunity to carry something that I don't get much use for around here. Assuming you can get pretty close, I might carry a Contender pistol in .256 Win Mag. Or, if I carry a rifle, a Marlin .25-20 or Marlin 62 .30 Carbine. Or I could carry a Ruger 77/357 or a .25-35. A .22 centerfire would reach out better if needed, in which case I'd likely take a 722 in .222 Rem Mag. I know it doesn't take much, but basically I'm bored. What do you guys that shoot them on purpose use?