Originally Posted by RHClark
I've been to see him. I was always open to God doing whatever, but I wasn't going to fake anything. I figure he is a scammer like most of them, but even so he may have done more good overall than other scammers who made even more money. I'll let God be his judge and not let him live in my head rent free. I haven't thought of the guy in many years.
Jesus said that many would come in his name. We're to be aware of them but they're God's meat. He'll deal with them in his own time and his own way. But even in NT times, they did spread the word and people got saved because of them. They're just getting their rewards now in front of men and it's very short lived. What counts is what you later get in from of the Lord.

I don't know what to think of that slain in the spirit thing. I don't see a word about it in scripture. I can't go so far to say it's all fake. If it is from the Spirit, that would be calling his works fake. You really don't want to do that. It's just that scripture gives us a long list of the gifts of the Spirit and I don't see that on the list.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.