Originally Posted by Puddle
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I have 143's loaded with 44 gr. Staball 6.5 I'll be running past the chrony. Looking for low SD's and ES's.

Too many other loads using H4350 so looking to off-load one of 'em with something equivalent or better.

StaBall 6.5 is not going to be "better" per se, but it will be a good substitution. I use it when I don't want to dip into my stash of H4350. I was out with my Tikka superlite yesterday, checking a couple different loads. One being the one I use in one of my CTR's. It did alright in my superlite, even though it was tailored around another rifle:

Finally got around to trying StaBall 6.5 in the 6.5CM factory 22" barrel this morning.

The best load of the bunch was 44.0 grains with a 5-shot MV average of 2,721 fps and S-D of 4.6, and E-S of 12.

I'm going to tinker with 0.2 grains on either side of the 44 grain load and see what happens.

In any case, I think it's time I rustle up a keg of StaBall 6.5 whistle

I tried both sides of 44.0 grains and 44.0 ended up the most consistent. Oh, yea, and I went ahead and bought a keg.

Next up is the 143 grain BondStrike bullet using StaBALL 6.5. It would be nice if they group best with a charge of 44.0 grains, but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

I'll find out tomorrow.

The BondStrike just had to be a little different. 43.9 gr. StaBall 6.5 vs the ELDX with 44.0 gr. StaBall 6.5.

Sheesh.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.