Originally Posted by olgrouser
Currently looking at two slightly different models Anschutz 1416 D HBs.

One a heavy barrel, entry level Anschutz with either a 23″ barrel and BEAVERTAIL fore end or Two, a 1416 Classic sporting stock with a stout HB in an 18" length. These are available in either single or two stage adjustable triggers.
However they are a mass produced item and sometimes there are problems.
These rifles are on sale in Canada at a number of retailers with savings of around $200 off the MSRP.

Any experience or comments you care to share about the new Ana RF guns.

They are Anschutz so either will likely be fine. However they are a mass produced item and sometimes there are problems if there are issues ANA will take care of the problem.

It seems to me that you need to decide what you want to use the rifle for and make your decision based on that, those two models have entirely different purposes.

I have owned quite a few Anschutz over the years, both sporting and match rifles, the 1700 series and 1400 series and have had more than acceptable accuracy from both series. I have had 14 series rifles that shot as well as 17 series - for field rifles or lower level competition the 14 series are more than adequate.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.