Originally Posted by SamOlson
Holee cry holee freinds a question for the masses if you will.

I don't go to the church but if i was too what would I carry?

Sig P226, pretty sure it's what the 3 wise men were packin'.

There you have it, the contestants for the upcoming Sunday shoot-out.

I'm still feeding cow freinds but will get back to you with the results later today.

Sam;
Good morning my old cyber friend, I hope calving season has been going okay and you're all well if not well rested.

Regarding the 3 wise men Sam, I've read a fair bit about them and while it's certainly speculation, it's feasible that part of the stir that the "We 3 Kings from Orient Are" would have caused was they'd be pretty much a small army.

The times on the Judean frontier then were quite rough, so travel for anyone not armed to the teeth between cities was tenuous at best. In order to survive what had to be at very least several month's trek across hostile country, they'd have their version of Delta Force/JTF2 crew along with them.

That helps explain the reaction from King Herod who had to be at least a tad concerned when this "visiting army" arrived unannounced in his back yard.

Pistol sights and old guy eyes are apparently in a constant state of flux Sam.

I'll also say that my 60 plus year old eyes do not work for distilled monkey spit with some indoor lighting.

The church we attend now and apparently most local restaurants have the same light spectrum Sam, such that I cannot read a menu to save my life without pulling out the pocket flashlight. eek

If'n I was planning on having to shoot in one of those lighting conditions, I'd think it prudent to see what sort of optical dot my eyes could actually see in said situation, you know?

Same goes for any eating establishment, etc. Sam, even if you're not going to start attending services anytime soon, you might wish to pack whilst taking the Mrs. out for an occasion, right?

Couldn't hurt to see the sights/dot if the need arises.

Speaking of low light, I see a few switched on folks here often either have a weapon mounted light or a decent pocket rocket light along with the packing piece.

All the best to you all Sam.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"