Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Is that the factory 22" version, threaded and ceracoated black with a green stock?

The "perfect" version (for me). I've not had a bad Fieldcraft, but the 22" sporter barreled version is perfection (for me).

Have to agree. Tried to get them to do a small run in 7/08 but they were having issues sourcing the 7 mm blanks - couldn’t even meet the demand for the regular two versions.

The 7-08s are rare because they did have trouble getting blanks that shot as well as thry wanted. Most of the 7-08s that did get made had an 8 twist which is another thing they got right. My 18.5" 7-08 actually has an 8.5 twist which is good enough to shootb180s at 1/2 moa. A fire member found it for me in Montana before all feildcrafts became scarce.

My 6mm Creedmoor is a 21" and it shoots even better than the 7-08. Someone offered me big money for the 7-08 once. Enough that I could have built a nice custom. I kept the field craft though because there's no guarantee a custom will shoot as well. Barrett put these fieldcrafts together well.

Bb