I have a ruger tanger in 30-06. It wears a VX3 3.5-10x40. It has been an excellent rifle and caliber. Likely all I ever needed. But you know not all I wanted. To me its a classic all around set up. Shoots Remington Green box 165s first two shots touching and the third 3/4 inches high and to the left. I shot it as my primary rifle for twenty years.

I Also have a Browning ABolt hunter in 30-06. It was taken in as boot on a car deal when my family owned a Ford Dealership.
My brother just set in my office one afternoon. It wears a VX-R 1.25-4x20 illuminated reticle. I used it when I hunted in Florida to jump shoot hogs. An ATV rifle. It shoots great and handles very well. I could get on those hogs quick with that scope and get if a shot quick with the tang safety on the browning. I never warmed up to the BOSS system. Even tried the solid non-break end. Just never got used to it. More rifles came along and the browning sits in the safe. I gave up the hog lease in Florida and took up killing whitetails in Alabama.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.