Originally Posted by Holston
26 grain Varget did 1.8” (10 rounds) through a 14.7” Colt barrel. Best group through it the 55 SPs.

Worked up to max with Tac with the Tikka and it was right at 1.6” for ten rounds.

Not terrible for me by any means, if the TAC loads do decent in the ARs I’ll load the lot and be done with it.

Reason for these bullets, was to find a cheaper bullet than these I’ve been shooting, across multiple rifles.
(Midsouth 77s)

for a good shooting and effective 55 grain bullet that is cheaper.. take a look at the Speer Line Up in 22 cal.

They offer the 50 and 55 SP in bulk packaging of 1000 bullets, along with their 52 grain HP bullet and their 50 grain TNT varmint bullet. I go thru 3 to 4 of these each varmint season out here. They all shoot real well..... the 50 and 55 grain SPs are effective on deer from a 223, 222 ( even) and a 22.250.

Since the late 70s, one of my cousins has used the 22.250 exclusively on deer since his wife shot a deer at 250 yds with one out the kitchen window, where he was taking her family's brothers out hunting, and they didn't have any luck seeing any.
He has an orchard permit each year, so he takes 20 to 25 deer a year and has since the 70s when he bought the property he lives on over on the West Virginia side of the state line. Beef tastes funny to his sons, as they grew up on venison and pork.
Which have been taken with that 22.250 since the mid to late 70s. He quit handloading and just has used Remington 55 grain Corelokt ammo since back then... and a few boxes of Federal here or there if they were sold for cheaper.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez