Originally Posted by Holston
Thanks for the replies.

I’ve shot a couple hundred of these so far, seem to be an excellent bullet, especially for the price.

Ended up with several pounds of CFE-223, that I don’t really need. Loaded up a box full at 27 grains with the 55 SPs, in mixed, range pickup brass. Shot well in the Colt and PSA (1.75 MOAish) and better in the Tikka (1.5 MOAish). Loading the rest and will order a few k more.

Will likely do more load work in the Tikka, in some good brass to see what happens, but I’m more than pleased with the above load for me all around bulk loading.

Holston, I noticed you said you were shooting 10 shot groups, and getting around 1.5 moa with the Tikka, and slightly worse with the short barreled AR. I don't know if I'd expect much better than that from that bullet. That bullet is great on deer though. My buddy uses it in his 22-250's and 223 rems to shoot deer. That bullet just works, but don't expect real tight groups with it. Especially in that AR. Now, if you were shooting something like a 20" HBAR with matchgrade chamber, I'd expect closer to 1-1 1/4 moa for 10 shots in the AR. But that bullet has its limitations. It's not a match grade or varmint type bullet. Once you get that figured out, you'll be money ahead. I ran across 800 or so 55gr midway bullets yesterday at a LGS, and I passed on them. As I've messed with that weight and style, and have never been entirely happy with the accuracy/precision from them. I ended up buying 5 boxes of the 68's (BTHP) though:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The 55's were priced the same, so that may tell you how I feel about them. Even when practicing on steel and paper, I demand better precision from a bullet, than what the 55gr Hornady gives. I wouldn't even let my girlfriend shoot them, because I don't want her complaining that I loaded her some crappy bullets. There was a poster here that sent me some 55gr bullets to test out, as he was in the same boat as you. IE: getting mediocre precision. I was getting around 1.5 moa with them as well. Keeping in mind, I'm talking about 10 shot groups. They would go into an inch for 5 though, with an occasional flier. Again, though, you have to ask yourself what your intentions are for this bullet, and what you can live with..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA