Originally Posted by smallfry
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Show me where the rights identified (not granted) in our constitution are reserved to citizens.

Felons aren't allowed to possess firearms. Period. End of bullschit conversation.
I have a feeling that, post Bruen, we are about to find out if those kind of laws will stand scrutiny.

Were there historical analogs when the Constitution was adopted, or was a person who had served their sentence seen as having been punished thoroughly?

Uh oh

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/convi...4c043fc-e2d4-11ee-9b6a-b32c91eed864.html

It would be real nice if they would overturn the bull schitt denial of rights after a misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence.

Not that I have any use for men who smack women or kids around. They are the lowest of lowlife. Slightly above pedophiles. But still, it is a misdemeanor.

And a clarification on my opinion of illegal aliens: They SHOULD be kept out. And any who slip through the cracks SHOULD be put out.
I am a firm believer anyone who is let out of prison should have all their rights restored. If they are too dangerous to have a gun in there hand after serving a sentence, why did you let them out?
In theory, I agree with you but in reality how many return to the system ? Our court and corrections system is a joke.