Was a longtime Milwaukee guy and never had a problem with a battery that wasn't just worn completely out. Worked my last 10 years in a facility that used and bought all Dewalt cordless tools. I bought a few Dewalt things to use at work and take advantage of the batteries they provided
When I retired I brought the Dewalt stuff I bought home, but had no batteries, so last year I strted off with a couple of 3ah batteries and a charger.
One battery charged, the other flashed fast red then wnt to amber and stopped charging. Took the bad one back and traded it for another. And got another bad battery. Third trip the clerk dug a charger out and we tested batteries in the store til I left with a good one.

Fast forward to this week. I'm moving soon and will need a few homeowner tools again. Found a set of 4 dewalt batteries on sale for $159. Two 4ah, and two 2ah in each box.
Got themn home and started charging. Both 2ah batteries charged perfectly. Both 4ah batteries flashed "BAD" on the charger. Called the store and took just the bad batteries back. They broke a package open and set me up with 2 new 4ah units and I took them home and put them, one at a time, on the charger
Both bad again. Called the store, and took them back.

Tested through two more packages and put them on a charger, in store, til we found 2 batteries that indicated "GOOD"

I'm grateful that the store did this for me, but what a pain in the ass. Never had problems with Dewalt batteries at work, but I never got batteries still in package. They were all opened and tagged as company equip before I saw them.

Is this a regular thing? Were these batteries priced this way because of a known issue?

Anyone ever had a string of bad batteries from anyone else?

"Chances Will Be Taken"