My Dad died at 88, but he was in good health and was up until a couple weeks before he died. He lived alone in out home place.
Killed his last buck at 87.
My brothers and I worried about him. The last thing he would have done was to get to where he couldn’t take care of himself. Gue suggested we take the guns out of the house. I disagreed. “Gue, if he wants to kill himself, all he’s gotta do is pull a car in the garage and take a nap while it’s running.” “Yeah, but I’m gonna be the one that finds him”.
All I can say is God bless her, and the two of you as well. She’s obviously happy where she is, and the two of you make that possible for her to do.
Treasure that lady, help her all you can, and allow her to live her life and enrich yours as long as you can.
I know from experience that getting old is not for cowards. Those hills are getting steeper, those short hunts are getting longer, and those drags are a helluva lot harder than they used to be.
But I’ll do it as long as God keeps me able to. When I can no longer do the things I enjoy, I ain’t living, I’m just existing.
Allow her to live as she likes until God calls her home, and be happy for her!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden