Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
LeAnn has one heckuva voice, and the range as well. When I first heard her sing “Blue”, I thought someone had found an old recording of Patsy and released it. She’s Pretty easy on the eye too!
But let me say, these are all Patsy Clime songs, and done in her style. That lady took songs that others had released and done well, but her voice put life in the songs that others didn’t, and they became Patsy Cline Songs, wether intended or not.
There are story of her recording a record, and Charley her husband dropped by the studio. Randy, her manager met him at the door. “Did you two have a fight this morning”? Charley said “No, why do you ask”? Randy said “She’s crying after every set. I’m afraid you might spoil the mood. Come back later, but don’t go in there now”!
Every song she sang she breathed life into. Very few people can do that! Lord knows what she might have done for country music had her career been more than 3 years!
Not to take anything away from others like Dolly or Reba, but Patsy still sells records in the top ten of female country vocalist, and she’s been gone 61 years ago this month!
I have lots of country favorites. Male and female, all have songs that I love, and I’ll crank it up and sing along. But Patsy is in a class by herself!

Great analogy sir! I'm not much of a country fan, at all. But a few stand out even to my taste & Patsy stands above the rest by far.