Based on personal experience... Agreeing as disagreeing. I also have the Crown Jewels book... Somewhere in the house! I suppose I can't account for production figures, but personal experience as over decades of collecting and many gun shops/shows.... Of the 38 series genre, never seeing 1941 or 1944 Models, Most often seeing '42, less often seeing '43! Now 'if' talking of totally original as defined with the threaded barrel muzzle, signals off. I don't know what proportions of "threaded free" as a sub species. I have a '42 and '43 in Models 38 and a a '1944 rifle. 'If' the '43 is rarest, really surprises me! Yet just this moment conjuring "produced" and making it to specimens in America, there may be far different proportions! Then too add the 70 or so years of mix 'n match in Americans' hands and the Bubba effect quotient. What we see here today may be totally disproportionate to "as manufactured".

All interesting but for collectors here in the States dealing with specimens to be encountered here, quite possibly an entirely different ball game!
Just 'thoughts'!
Best!
John